Thursday, March 22, 2012
March 22
This will be my last update from home before I hit the trail. Leaving for Georgia tomorrow. Probably won't get much sleep tonight. I keep looking through my guide book, in anticipation of what I'll see the first couple of weeks out. I get excited looking at every peak that I will climb. The views, the shelters, the creeks, everything. Ocassionally some fear creeps in, usually when I have time alone to think, and my mind starts wandering. I think it's good to be a little scared, it shows a respect for the task at hand. Overall I think I'm doing pretty well about all this. I've put alot of time in research and planning for this, and that knowledge helps ease my mind. Although, I do keep second guessing my choices in gear and supplies. I just need to get out there and everything will work itself out. I've done multi-day backpacking trips before, so I know what works. Doing that over and over again for months on end will trim my choices down as I fine tune things even more. Can't wait to get into the groove of things. It's supposed to rain this weekend. Kinda bummed about that for my first days (and nights) on the trial. Oh well. I mailed out my first resupply food box to myself, which I should pick up after about the first five days or so. Just made hotel reservations for tomorrow night. Mind is racing, hard to focus. This is going to be amazing! Bags are packed. Ready to go. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.