Started from Amicalola Falls State Park today, and I was hiker number 529 to register there for the season. I decided to do the "Approach Trail", which means I had to hike 8.8 miles just to get up to Springer Mnt to start the AT. Dad and Tim came with me to do the approach and we stayed on Springer over night. The approach starts off with over 600 steps straight up to the top of Amicalola Falls. Beautiful trail, beautiful waterfall. Then we continued hiking up and over several mountains before reaching camp at the end of the day. Weather has been nice and we had our tents set up near the shelter at the top of Springer. There's a plaque at the summit, signifying the official start of the trail and I saw my first whiteblaze there too. Nice view from the top. Opinion of the Approach Trail - it was tough, the state park was really nice, I'm glad my family was there to see it with me.
| Amicalola Falls. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.