Hiked down from Cheoah this morning, then several ups and downs in the 3000's. Took a quick lunch break at Stecoah Gap, and talked to a nice local gentleman there. Next on the agenda was a hike up what is called "Jacob's Ladder", which is a 0.6 mile stretch that is ridiculously steep. It took a good 45 minutes to get up it, and at the top, I was beat. I thought it was the toughest climb so far on the trail. At least it wasn't very long. The rest of the day was really nice hiking. More spring colors from wildflowers lining the trail. Finished off a 14 mile day at Cable Gap shelter, and ran into Y's Guy again. Fontana Dam is about 5 miles away, so we'll be starting the Smokies soon! In other good news, I've been hiking in my new shoes for 2 days now, and my blisters are healing up. Thanks so much Apline!
| Cable Gap shelter. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.