Friday, April 27, 2012

April 26

The black hole

Seriously lacking motivation to get up today.  Fueled up on breakfast, but after looking at the weather report, we debated on taking a zero day in Erwin.  I flipped a coin.  It took 5 out of 9 to get the right result, haha, zero it is.  Good thing too.  Thunderstorms and lightning all day.  The sun came out for about an hour early in the afternoon, so we started to regret not getting back out there.  But the black clouds rolled back in quickly, and as drenched hikers came in all afternoon, we were happy with our decision.  Miss Janet took us to a Chinese restaurant in town.  My fortune said that I "..will travel to exotic places".  How appropriate.  After my 3 egg rolls and sesame chicken, I picked up a pint of Ben&Jerrys at the grocery store for dessert.  I was able to split a room four ways again with KB, Bonk, and CV.  The weather is looking good for the weekend.  By good, I mean only 20%-30% chances for rain.  Last time the forecast said 20%, I got hail and snow.  Looking to head out tomorrow and escape Erwin.  Just learned about a bluegrass festival that will be here in town on Saturday.  There's also Merlefest going on in Boone, Friday through Sunday.  Very tempting to try to go to either of those.  Miss Janet highly recommends the festival in Boone, and AT hikers can do a work for stay there to help out the volunteers and enjoy the music throughout the weekend.  I may never leave Erwin......

Signpost at Uncle Johnny's Hostel in Erwin, TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.