Same agenda for today. Not hiking. We all took the bus to the nearby town of West Lebanon. At the EMS outfitter there, I picked up a map of the Presidential Range, and a freeze dried meal as a treat. Apache and I walked over to Chili's for lunch. He had been craving ribs for a while, so he got his fix. I had fajitas and a margarita. When we got back to Hanover, we went to Moreno Gelato. The melon flavor was incredible! Hung out at the library until it closed. As we were walking away from the library, a local lady got out of her car and started talking to us. She is an avid hiker, and has done all 48 of the 4000 foot peaks in New Hampshire. She was headed up to the gelato shop, and asked us if we wanted to come along. She treated us all to gelato. This time I had milk chocolate and hazelnut. It was equally amazing. It was so great talking with her about hiking, while enjoying our gelato. Slims headed back to the tent sites. Rainbow, Apache, and I went over to Ramuntos again for more free pizza. I bought a slice in addition. Then Rainbow headed back to the tentsite, but Apache and I walked around through the campus area. It was pretty quiet at night. We walked around past many academic buildings, chapel, student housing, and back to 'the green', before heading back to our tent site for the night. Another great day, enjoying Hanover.
| Some hikers throwing frisbee and relaxing at "The Green", Dartmouth College. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.