Saturday, September 15, 2012

August 25

Moving on

Well I guess we have to hike today.  Can't stay here forever.  For breakfast, Apache and I went to Umplebees Bakery.  They had free loaves of day-old bread for hikers.  I would have packed one out, but my food bag was already so heavy.  I had a sticky bun, 2 eggs, and a coffee for breakfast.  We all met up back at the library.  I headed over to the college museum.  Being an Art History major, I couldn't leave town with out checking out the exhibits.  The Hood Museum of Art had a nice, varied, collection.  I went to Lou's for lunch and got a delicious reuben sandwich and strawberry rhubarb pie.  Eventually we all met back up near the trail and reluctantly headed out of town around 4pm.  The hike out wasn't bad at all.  There was a short climb up to the Velvet Rocks area.  All the signage along the trail has been impressive.  The DOC does a great job, and gets pretty creative with their signs.  We crossed a lot of streams late in the evening, crossed a road, and headed back up into the woods.  We ended up hiking about 5 miles out of town, before making camp along a hillside amidst a grove of pine trees.

Hood Museum, Dartmouth College.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.