The rain had stopped by morning. Still had to pack up a wet tent fly, and put on wet shoes though. We passed a side trail called 'Trail Boss Trail'. Wonder who that guy is. I posed for a picture beside the sign, and the arrow was pointing at me, so I guess I'm the Trail Boss, haha! We made good time this morning, and had a couple nice views of the clouds rising out of the valley below. We had the town of Bland, Va coming up, and we all wanted to stop in for lunch. I was good on resupply, but I couldn't resist a burger in town. We got really lucky with a shuttle and a hitch, in and out of town, and were back on the trail fairly quickly. We walked over a road that crossed Interstate 77. We got a trucker to honk at us. Score! We arrived at Helveys Mill shelter around 4pm. Tink, Apache, and Slims all wanted to stay there. I needed to push on though so I could get to Pearisburg in the next couple of days. So on I went on my own. I did the next 10 miles to Jenny Knob shelter in 3 hours. Flying. The trail was still wet and muddy, but it was mostly just a ridge-walk, so I cruised. Ys Guy was there too. I set up my mat and sleeping bag in the shelter. Used my bear bag line to string up a clothes line to let my tent and wet clothes dry out overnight, hopefully. Got water, way down hill. Cooked dinner. Went to bed. 19 miles today. Awesome!
| Like A Boss. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.