Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 12

I thought we said no more zeroes

So a while back, in Carlisle, after our indulgent side trip to Hershey Park, we kind of said that we needed to get through the rest of Pennsylvania before taking another zero.  I guess that makes us liars.  We zeroed in Port Clinton, haha!  The camping at the pavilion was so nice, and Can-Do Will-Do was so great to take us where ever we needed to go, that we just ended up staying for the day.  Apache and I had been talking about craving some Cracker Barrel, and sure enough, there was one 3 miles away in Hamburg.  So we all ate lunch there.  Mom would be proud, haha!  I got the big country breakfast, and a buttermilk pancake breakfast.  Oink.  So worth it.  Next we went across the highway to a Cabella's store.  Some of us needed to replace some gear or pick up a few items, so this big-box outfitter would be great.  We were in for a real treat though.  Hamburg just so happens to be the home of the largest Cabella's in the USA.  This place was ridiculous.  Like Disneyland for hunting and camping.  Animals from all over the world where everywhere, stuffed on display.  A gun library, full of antique firearms.  A fish aquarium with the biggest catfish I'd ever seen.  On the second floor there was a full buffet restaurant, where such items as buffalo and elk were offered as burgers and steaks.  There was an arcade shooting gallery.  We had a blast up there.  All this in addition to all the hunting, fishing, boating, camping, hiking, and general outdoor recreation gear and clothing you can imagine.  After that 2 hour diversion, we walked over to Walmart to do some resupply shopping.  Then we went over to Taco Bell to grab some take-out, before riding back to camp back in Port Clinton.  I slept really good tonight, in my hammock, next to the river.  A full belly gorged on town food, and tired out from another late night Frisbee session.  What a good day.
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.