Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 19

Still in the Gap

The Pocono Inn in Delaware Water Gap was a great deal.  Woke up in time for the free continental breakfast downstairs.  I started to get packed up to start rolling out of town.  The urge to get out of PA finally was strong.  Well, Rainbow and Apache weren't moving as quickly.  The hotel had a check out time of noon.  That was really dangerous.  On top of that, they would bump it to 2pm if you asked them to.  They were content to zero.  I was really wanting to just start hiking, and was really considering just moving on, but then they mentioned that there was a library in the nearby city of Stroudsburg were I could get some blogging done.  I knew I was way behind, and hadn't really figured out where I would be able to get online in the next few days, so that convinced me to stay.  Guitar Man dropped me off at the library where I posted up for the afternoon.  After returning back to DWG later that night, I heard from Highking that he was going to be leaving the trail in the morning.  He's been having bad ankle problems for the past week or so, and it's only getting worse.  That sucks, but he's hoping to get healed up and meet us up north in a bit.

Hot Dog and a slice of Apple Pie at the Bakery in DWG for $2.49

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.