Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 5

Roller Coasters!  (the fun kind)

Still awful hot out today.  Not good for the motivation to start out hiking again.  We hit up the breakfast at the hotel.  I knew we were close to Hershey, Pa., and after doing a little research on the computer, found out a way that we could go to Hershey Park!  Tink and Slims decided to zero, but just hung out at the hotel all day.  I called the local Enterprise, and had them pick up Apache, Highking, and I.  Then we drove off to Hershey Park, only 30 miles away.  The park was really nice.  Hershey Kiss shaped light posts.  We didn't go to the chocolate factory, we wanted to do rides.  We made a b-line for the roller coasters.  Their new ride, "SkyRush", was incredible.  You shot up the first hill, about 200 feet up or so, then had a vertical drop down the other side.  Yeah, we rode in the front seats.  We made sure to hit all of the coasters the park had to offer.  There was even a great water park that we had access too included with admission.  Late in the afternoon, Apache and I hung out for a good hour and a half there.  We rode all of the inner-tube water slides.  Then we went over to this massive water/jungle gym/fort like complex.  We were climbing in and out of the tunnels.  Spraying kids with the water cannons.  Sliding down the water slides.  Good times.  Perfect for cooling off on a hot day.  We finished up the park that evening, riding some of our favorite coasters again.  The three of us even took a nice, leisurely spin on the Ferris wheel, all lit up at night.  Great zero day.  I wish I had some good pictures, but I didn't bring my camera with me since I didn't want to lose it in the park.
Heading to Hershey Park for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.