We had a good breakfast in town at the local diner. Hung out at the post office for a bit, sitting under a tree in the shade. We walked across the bridge over the Susquehanna River and detoured to a Sheetz for lunch. It was 105*F today. Unbearable. After I chugged a ton of Gatorade at the store, I headed back out toward the trail. We only made it 6 miles today, 2 of which was walking from one end of town to the other. So, only about 4 miles or so into the woods to the first shelter at Clarks Ferry. I had carried out 2 liters of water from the store, and it was all but gone. The spring at the shelter was ice cold though. Dipping my bandanna in the water, I spent a while cooling off. Bugs and heat, that about sums it up for today. Not fun at all, but we had a good time at the shelter, chillin' and listening to music.
| The famous Doyle Hotel, Duncannon, Pa. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.