Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 10

Batman

Rainy, cloudy.  Not great for hiking.  I went over to the post office this morning and picked up my package.  Brand new pair of Oboz trail shoes.  We all ended up taking a long time sorting through our gear and food supplies, charging up our phones and cameras, and given the weather, decided to not hike today.  Besides, I had a nice new clean pair of shoes.  Our mission for today, head over to the movie theater outside of Dalton to watch the new Batman movie.  Slims, Apache, and I hopped on the bus at the stop across from the Cheshire Post Office.  It was six miles or so to get to the theater.  We walked around the mall for a bit, then went to see the movie.  Pretty awesome overall I'd say, but the first two in the series were better.  Afterwards, we headed back to the bus stop outside of the mall.  No buses are running.  Hmmm.  Apparently the times listed in the guidebook were inaccurate, by several hours.  Super.  We tried hitching by the highway.  Being after dark now, that didn't work out.  Then we tried back in the mall parking lot.  No dice.  It was after 9pm now, and we walked to a pizza joint nearby, and Slims talked to some locals there that gave us a ride back to Cheshire.


L: Old and busted.  R: New hotness


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.