Got up early, and Mr Lee drove me back up to the trail where I head left off. Still feeling pretty crappy, but I've got all kinds of day time pills and night time pills and vitamins packed out with me. I got started hiking around 7:45am, back into the familiar territory of Shenandoah National Park. Filled out my park registration and I was cruising over the first few ups and downs in the cool morning air. Made it to Calf Mountain shelter in no time. Filled up on water since I remembered from last summer that the upcoming stretch of trail was pretty dry. I had brief cell phone reception and talked to my dad. We agreed to meet around the Rip Rap trail head around 2pm. We met up and I got a ride up to Loft Mountain Wayside with him and got a cheeseburger, large soda, and a blackberry milkshake. Awesome, but pricey. So it goes in the SNP. Headed back on the trail and made it to Blackrock hut for the night. Met a whole new group of hikers there. Just under 20 miles, first day back out on the trail. Not too bad, especially considering I was coughing up all kinds of nasty stuff all day long. I'm convinced the mountain air will work it's healing magic.
| Beagle Gap, SNP. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.