We got a late start leaving the festival. I got a shower in the bath house before we left. Bambam drove us guys back up to the trail. He and Tink were going to park the truck somewhere and hitch back up to the mountain to start hiking again. Had a really big climb going up Bald Knob, which wasn't a bald at all. The climb was long and tough, but we passed the time easily enough, laughing at my expense. Apparently, back in Glasgow, when we were sitting under the big dinosaur, Apache had tried to get my attention when I was passing out rolls of toilet paper to everyone. He said he tried telling me that he would like one, but I was just staring up at Hashbrown as she unraveled her roll, mesmerized. I said "I'm sorry Apache. Did I give you a roll too?" He replied, "Yeah........eventually". I said "my bad", but he said not to worry about it, since I had provided him, Tink, and Rainbow Eyes with comedic material for days. Had a few passing clouds that looked ominous, but it only sprinkled for a few minutes. Awesome hiking, and views, on Cold Mountain, going through the meadows up there. I have been there several times before, and it's one of my favorite spots. We only made it as as far as Hog Camp Gap, 6 miles or so for the day, to a really nice campsite. Earthing and Yodeler were there too. Headed to bed early, tired from little bit of sleep the night before. Hoping to do some big miles tomorrow. I'm getting so close to home now and I can't wait!
| Cold Mountain, meadows on the AT looking northbound |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.