With the crew back together, we headed out of Daleville. Took a break after the climb up to Fullhardt Knob shelter. I had to shoo away a black snake that was hanging out near the privy. The water source here was a cistern behind the shelter that held rain water run off. Apparently it's the last of it's kind on the trail, and I can see why. It was gross. I'll go a few more miles to a creek to get more water. Pretty easy hiking today. Going shirtless again, and that keeps me much cooler and a lot less sweaty. Late in the afternoon, we came out of the woods and crossed the Blue Ridge Parkway for the first time. According to the concrete signpost there, I was 97 miles south of Waynesboro. Sweet. The whole crew, Mountain Spice, BG, and Thirsty, all took a good break there at the Taylors Mountain overlook. The crew and I set up camp in the woods just north of there. We had a nice campsite right on the ridge. Nice and easy 15 miles today.
| Slims, me, Rainbow Eyes, and Apache posin' on the BRP |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.