Saturday, June 9, 2012

May 23

An amazing zero

So today.  Yeh, I should probably try to knock out a 20.  I'm not too far behind the crew.  Well, here's how that went.  Chunder and Yoko got back on the trail.  Wanderer and I went kayaking on the New River with Dah Wah He and Blue Eyes.  Blue Eyes had all the equipment at his house.  They shared a canoe, and Wanderer and I each had kayaks.  I picked up some BLTs at the store on the way out of town to the river.  Those made a great lunch break on the river.  I had a blast!  This was only the second time I had ever kayaked.  The water was high from all the rain lately, and the river flowed fast.  I got some awesome HD video footage of me going through some sections of rapids.  Their canoe flipped in one of the rapids, and we were able to recover some items.  We finished our 12 mile trip, and headed back to the house for another great meal.  No miles today, but I had an amazing time.

Wanderer kayaking on the New River north of Pearisburg, Va

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.