Road trippin'
I knew I was staying in town longer, but I was willing to take Apache and Rainbow Eyes back to the trail today if they wanted to go. Better idea: let's go to Richmond. We went to go see the new movie, Prometheus, at the IMax theater in 3-D. That was pretty awesome. I didn't realize until the end of the movie, that it was basically the prequel to the Alien movies. We got lunch at Q's Barbecue, which was awesome as always. Then we went to the REI store. Apache swapped out his trekking poles and shoes that were both starting to fail. I bought a lot of new gear, including a new Osprey pack, since I had lost so much weight and my current pack doesn't fit me anymore. On the way back to Charlottesville, I got a call from Tink, so I drove over to Waynesboro to pick her and Bambam up so they could hang out in C'ville for the night too. Thanks Nate and Jenn for letting 5 hikers crash at your hostel, I mean house!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.