Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24

Zero again, again

A bunch of lazy bums we are.  Staying again for another day.  It's been so awesome and relaxing though.  More great food.  More swimming in the pool.  More chilling on couch.  More napping.  Totally soaking it all in since we're not going to get another chance to hang out at anyone's house for the rest of the trip.  Tink has been working on putting dreads in Apache's hair for the past 2 days.  Many thanks to Rainbow Eyes' parents for hosting us for the weekend!  We're all laughing about the idea of coming back here after the trail is over and living in the tree house in the backyard.  Well I guess we have to start hiking again tomorrow.  I thought it'd be cool to try to do the Maryland challenge (hike the 41 miles of the AT in Maryland in one day), but now I'm having second thoughts.  I'm sure I could do it, but I think now that I'd rather take my time.  See what there is to see in Harpers Ferry tomorrow.  Get my picture taken at the ATC headquarters.  Then go into Maryland and see what there is to see.  Hopefully there will be some berries starting to come out.  The terrain is rediculously flat.  Should be a breeze.  Looking at the forecast, we should have nice weather for the next week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.