Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 5

The Hangover

I got up around 11:30am, having slept though the night (errr morning) uninterrupted.  Rainbow Eyes had been awake for a few minutes already.  We packed up, at breakfast, and rested down at the shelter.  Apache didn't get up and moving until 1:30pm.  We all started hiking around 2:30.  I had done all of this area before, so I knew the hiking would be pretty easy at least.  We made it 2 miles from camp and took a break at Three Ridges overlook on the the BRP.  Hiked a couple more miles, and took another break.  We took another break at Rock Point.  We were hiking under 2 miles per hour.  Nothing really hurt specifically, I just had zero energy.  My body was totally drained.  It was like having a hangover the next day after a night of heavy drinking.  This was a hiking hangover.  We got to a nice campsite at Cedar Cliffs, but decided not to stop there since we had only done 6 miles so far.  It was around 6pm at this point.  We hiked on, up and over Humpback Mountain, continuously scoping the woods for a descent campsite.  We finally decided to stop to eat some dinner around 8pm.  We thought about moving on, but with full stomachs, and rain starting to fall, we decided to set up camp right then and there.  It rained all night, but I slept very soundly.

Trying to recover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.